A new JIT/JIS solution for automotive suppliers
Just-in-time, just-in-sequence solution for automotive
The automotive industry is adopting ever shorter product cycles and increasing model diversity, making it more important than ever for suppliers to operate on a flexible, ‘just-in-time, just-in-sequence’ basis. This means having direct visibility of OEMs’ latest requirements, and 360-degree insight into production capacity and performance. But existing systems were not designed to provide the flexibility or levels of insight needed today.
Transformative new approach
With our 20 years’ experience of working with automotive manufacturers, Atos understands these challenges. That’s why we have joined forces with shop-floor automation specialist Siemens, to create a transformative new approach to just-in-time (JIT), just-in-sequence (JIS) production and supply. Our unique JIT/JIS solution is a powerful manufacturing execution system that has been optimized for the automotive industry, and which takes direct information feeds directly from the OEM’s shop floor.
- Unique, next-generation just-in-time, just-in-sequence capabilities – providing a clear line of sight right from the OEM’s production line
- An end-to-end real-time production planning solution, geared to the needs of first-tier automotive suppliers
- A flexible, highly scalable solution that can be implemented out of the box
- A complete, standards-based architecture ensuring seamless integration with existing systems
- Reduced IT complexity.
Benefits for operations managers
- Streamlined, interlinked processes enabling end-to-end transparency and traceability
- Real-time insight – all the way from the OEM’s production line
- The ability to handle multiple product complexities and supply concepts.
Benefits for CIOs
- The ability to facilitate end-to-end production insight, efficiently and without the need for complex integration
- Accelerated deployment with reduced customization
- Significantly reduced ERP complexity.
Take the next steps to a new just-in-time, just-in-sequence environment.