Showing Leadership in Corporate Responsibility
Atos has published its first Corporate Responsibility Report covering the period from 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2009.
The report is set up according to the international Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 guidelines, a worldwide standard for reporting on corporate responsibility and prepared in accordance with the reporting criteria and guidelines.
To verify the data, Atos engaged KPMG Audit to provide a limited assurance on certain key performance indicators and as a result of their findings the Company has been awarded the B+ application level grading.
Atos has a long history of social and environmental engagement and in the current market conditions believes even more that it is important to continue the efforts and to strengthen and implement globally the Group vision and strategy for sustainability.
The company is committed to establishing Sustainability at the core of its strategy and business processes. Under the Sustainability program Atos has made a number of important commitments and already delivered many significant achievements such as:
- Operating in compliance with sustainable best practices and international standards and anticipate new European regulations
- Continuing to invest in and develop our People, and committing to good corporate social responsibility
- Improving our environmental performance and reduce our carbon footprint by a minimum of 15% by 2011 from our 2008 position and within comparable scope
- Supporting our clients on their journey toward environmental excellence and help them optimize their environmental efficiency through sustainable and green solutions
- Measuring and reporting our carbon footprint to the Carbon Disclosure Project
- Achieving ISO 14001 Certification
- Introducing globally applicable green policies regarding purchasing, waste management and travel
All materials used for the editing and printing (ink, paper, plate, adhesives) were produced by ISO 14001 certified companies and plants. The editing and printing were also done by an Imprim’Vert and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified company.
“Sustainability excellence is a daring long term objective. Our daily actions show our unfailing determination to reach this objective. I am personally involved to ensure, not only substantial results for us and for our customers, but also significant value for our shareholders. “
Thierry Breton, Chairman and CEO of Atos
View Press Release
English version >>